Amnesty International exists to secure the release of prisoners of conscience; ensure fair and prompt trials for all political prisoners; abolish the death penalty, torture and other cruel treatment of prisoners; end extra-judicial executions (political killings) and "disappearances"; and to educate the student body about world atrocities.
Visit the international Amnesty website.
Amnesty International meets on Monday nights throughout the year. Listen to the daily announcements or check with an Amnesty leader to join the Facebook group.
Yearly events include:
- Letter writing to protest international human rights violations
- Human Rights week
- Invisible Children (www.invisiblechildren.com)
- Kick it for Congo Soccer tournament
- Educational presentations on various atrocities around the world
- Fundraising to aide children and families in need around the world