East Lansing High School Parent Council
This is only a sampling of the Parent Council's membership.
Do you know who is missing? You are. The Parent Council is open to all parents and guardians of ELHS students.
Your attendance at any of the meetings is welcome, although if you want an active Council role, we are currently in need of:
Teacher Luncheon Coordinator – Vice-President of Communications – Top Scholar Event Co-Coordinator
Hello ELHS Families!
Parent Council Meeting and Program Date Change
Important! Due to scheduling issues, the January ELHS Parent Council meeting and program will be held on Thursday, January 25th. The meeting will be held from 6:30 - 7:00 pm and the program from 7:00 - 8:30 pm on the 25th.
AP Exam Registration
Please register for your AP Exams during the month of January. http://www.elps.us/downloads/_news_/2018_ap_exam_registration_1.pdf
Final Exams will be administered Wednesday, January 24 – Friday, January 26. Exams begin at 7:45 and students will be dismissed at 11:20 each day. Please ensure that your students arrive promptly for their exams.
The ELHS family directory is updated and available on the parent council website (the link is: ELHS Family Directory located on the parent council page on the ELHS website.) To log in you need to use the following information Username: elhs.pc Password: elh$pc1718 Please remember this is ONLY for ELHS families to contact each other. It is not to be used to sell or promote any causes or items. If you have any concerns please contact Christina Gentilozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seniors – 7th Semester Transcripts
If your student’s college or university requests a 7th semester or mid-year grade report, remind your student to complete a 7th Semester Transcript Request Form found in the Student Services Office.
Transcripts with second semester grades will be available in early February. Please note that these additional transcripts will not be sent out automatically.
Students: If using Parchment to send your transcript electronically, go online to Parchment.com to request the report. Fill out a router form in Student Services to give permission to release the transcript to the college or university. If requesting a hard copy, Student Services must receive a stamped addressed envelope along with $3 and the router form. Router forms may be dropped off in Student Services in the wire basket labeled “College Applications”.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
January 15 - MLK Jr Holiday - No School
January 23 - Board of Education Meeting- 7pm
January 24 - Financial Aid Night - 7pm
This E-bulletin is written by the ELHS Parent Council as a courtesy to all families. If you have any questions or information for future e-bulletins, please contact ELHSParentCouncil@gmail.com
Keep up-to date with ELHS Parent Council at https://www.facebook.com/elhsparentcouncil or https://twitter.com/ELHSPC.
Parent Council looks forward to working with you in 2017-18!
Please mark your calendars for our parent council meetings and programs!
Join us in the ELHS HUB for meetings on the following Tuesdays throughout the academic year. Meetings begin at 6:30 pm, with programs at 7:00 (topics listed below):
- Jan. 25, State of the School
- Feb. 13, Implicit Bias & Microaggressions
- March 13, Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda
- Apr. 10, Substance Abuse
- May 8, Business Meeting
Special Note: On Business Meeting-only nights, we'll start at 6:30. On program nights, we'll have a short business meeting at 6:30 with the program following at 7:00 - 8:15 or 8:30.
The East Lansing High School Parent Council:
- Assists with the communication between parents/guardians and administrators. Our high school principal or one of his assistants, and an East Lansing Board of Education member attend the parent council meetings to share updates and gather feedback on current school-related issues.
- Smooths the transition from middle school to high school and beyond. Many of our monthly meetings include speakers on topics useful to parents such as high school curriculum, college admission information, vocational training opportunities and addressing the achievement gap. We've initiated a monthly parent poll to identify other topics of concern.
- Assists in volunteer support for general all-school needs. We have a number of volunteer opportunities. Examples include, Fall & Spring staff luncheons, academic assistance/tutoring in the library before and after school, and helping with one-time needs that occasionally arise
- Assists in funding educational enhancements outside the school budget for teachers, such as technology, equipment and traditional learning materials. This support ranges from purchasing graphing calculators and projector document cameras to providing art supplies and travel expenses for class field trips.
In addition to your time and service, please support Parent Council by making a $25.00 donation now. So that we can continue to help support our incredible teachers and hard working students in ways that school budget can not.
If you prefer, checks made payable to the ELHS Parent Council may be delivered to the office by your student or through the mail: Attn: Parent Council, East Lansing High School, 509 Burcham Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823
For more information and a volunteer form which can be printed, filled out and returned to the office, see our Welcome Letter.